Monday, August 2, 2010

Home.

Hello again!
After about 20 hours of travel (with only one incident... don't leave your camping knife in your carry-on backpack), dinner at Cracker Barrel with my family, and sleeping in my own bed, I can finally say that I am home.

Or am I?

In the last few years, I have called many places home.
Dallas
College Station
wherever my friends and family are,
Quapaw, Oklahoma,
and now perhaps even La Rivoire, France.
It makes me think of Luke 9, where Jesus says that ' Foxes have holes, and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay His head.' No place here to call home. Leaving little pieces of your heart in different places, but not claiming them as home.

There is so much I have to tell you. So many wonderful and exciting things.
I'm trying to form the list of posts that I will be making to tell you of these things.
It could get long. So far, my predictions are that I will need at least seven posts.

Pictures, stories, and names will all be intermixed into these, along with some tears and fond memories. Right now, the trip seems a cross between a dream (in that 'did this really just happen' sense) and a concrete and awesome step that I miss very intensely now that it is complete.
Or is it?
Is it complete, or has it just begun?

As I reflect back on the trip as a whole, but before I have had time to really separate things into events and file them into my memory with less emotion, I recognize the pocket of possibility
that I am in. We will see what comes next!

Getting water from the sink is weird.
And so is air conditioning.
And concrete.

When I walked through the airport in Dallas yesterday, through customs, they asked me what I did in France for a month. I simply had to say, 'worked at a camp with students'.
But there is so much more.

Soon you will hear it all.
I promise to tell you of what God has, and is doing. Just give me a little more time, and sleep.
I cannot be grateful enough to God, and you, for helping me on this adventure.

Until soon,
"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Ephesians 1:10

0 comments:

Post a Comment